AUSTRALIAN NURSING REGISTRATIONS
Dreams Thodupuzha is a one-stop shop for all your nursing needs in Australia. We make it easy for you to be registered in Australia from India. With dreams, you get complete assistance from Australia registration to Australian job placement.
Nurses are the backbone of any community and central to the healthcare sector. A career in nursing offers many opportunities to work in various areas and learn new skills. Work as part of a care team in a hospital, medical practice, or community healthcare setting.
At Dreams, we offer counseling and placement services to nurses who wish to gain registration in Australia. Through our services.
Nursing is one of the high-demand jobs in Australia. The country heavily depends on overseas nurses working force and it currently occupies nearly 40 percentage of their workforce.
Currently, hospitals and aged care settings are experiencing a heavy shortage of nurses as there was not much nurses coming to australia due to several reasons.
Covid-19 has made the situation worse and there is a prediction of significant number of retirement population in this profession.It is projected to have a shortfall of 85,000 nurses by 2025 and 123,000 nurses by 2030.
Australian government and employers have taken different strategies to compromise the current staffing shortage without compromising the safety standards of the public.
For an overseas nurse to work as a registered nurse in Australia their qualifications and experiences have to be assessed and recognized by ahpra.
There are several pathways for that process which often need expert advice and support.
- Our expert counselors can guide you to the right pathway.
- Comprehensive support after registration which will include cv preparation, connecting with the right employers, and giving different visa options.
- Clients are supported by recruiters and migration agents from Australia
As of now, the new registration process by AHPRA has replaced the IRON program with Outcome-Based Assessment (OBA) for internationally qualified nurses and midwives who want to practice in Australia. The OBA assesses an individual’s nursing skills to see if they meet Australian standards.
Are you ready to move to Australia and work as a nurse?
The best thing about a career in nursing is that you can work anywhere in the world. To work as a nurse in Australia you will need to meet the registration requirements of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – AHPRA.
You must meet five criteria to be determined suitable for migration to Australia.
- Proof of identity: You will need to provide a range of ‘proof of identity documents.
- English language proficiency: You must pass and achieve the minimum score for one of the following English language tests:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) – minimum score 7
- Occupational English Test (OET) for Nurses – minimum score B
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic – minimum overall score of 65
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) iBT – minimum total score of 94
- Meet Australian nursing and midwifery education standards: You will require assessment by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) to determine whether the Board will recognize your qualifications and experience.
- Professional practice: You must demonstrate practicing as a nurse or midwife in the 5 years preceding your application date.
- Demonstrate that you are fit to practice in Australia: You must demonstrate that you are qualified to practice without restrictions.
Average annual nursing salaries in Australia
|Mental Health Nurse||$97,403|
|Nurse Unit Manager||$116,164|